Wheel hubs make it easy for you to take turns or swerve, says How a Car Works. A faulty wheel hub can put your life in danger, especially if an issue happens right while you’re driving like a daredevil on the road. To make sure that doesn’t happen, always check your wheel hub for wear and tear.
If you find parts of your hub worn down or torn apart, then it’s high time you looked for an excellent wheel hub replacement. To pull that off, you need to make sure you’re getting the wheel hub that’s right for you. Here’s what you need to know:
1. Bolt holes and patterns. Pay attention to the number of bolt holes. Different ways of measuring the bolt applies, depending on whether you’ve got an odd or even number of bolts.
2. Classic hubs. Works well with one and two-piece axle forms. It also comes with quick release options for classic mountain rear hubs.
3. Universal disc hubs. Works for one and two-piece axles as well. Front models are typically lighter than rear ones.
When you’ve got the specs down pat, don’t forget to take a long, good look at your hub size. Know that:
1. The side wall of the tire contains the letter, number, and name of the manufacturer so if you ever need the information, you can find them there.
2. See the last set of numbers that start with R? R is for radial and the two numbers that come after it refers to your wheel’s hub size in inches. If you see 14 and 18, those are standard wheel specs for cars.
3. You can put a magnifying glass to excellent use by checking the numbers in case they’ve already started to fade off.
Hubs don’t often have issues. So if you’ve got a problematic hub on your hands, then it usually involves the rotors, wheels or other parts. Take a look at some of the common system problems:
1. Severe looseness or bearing wear can cause your tires to wear out prematurely.
2. ABS failure is often due to a faulty bearing clamp.
3. Uneven tire war. Damaged suspensions can cause your tires to wear out prematurely and give out in an uneven pattern.
So always make sure your wheel hubs are in tip-top shape. If that isn’t the case, then take steps to find the best replacement parts for you.
Be the first to like.