The best way to ensure that you are getting the auto repair services in Fairfield CT that you need is to be equipped with the proper knowledge. Understanding the way that your vehicle works makes it possible to identify the most common car issues before they become serious.
In addition, it is vital that you know the basics of auto repair services in order to identify a quality mechanic. With this knowledge, you will be able to ask all the right questions and keep an eye out for any mistakes or misleading information.
When Something Does Not Look Right
If it is just an occasional drip of fluid or a small stain in the driveway, there is usually little cause for concern. However, you should also pay attention to wet spots and check any puddles quickly to determine a need for auto repair services in Fairfield CT. You can identify the type of fluid by color and consistency.
- Florescent orange, light blue, or greenish yellow fluid is an indication that you have a leak in the water pump or radiator, leaking antifreeze or the engine has overheated.
- If the fluid is black or dark brown and oily, your engine may be leaking due to a bad gasket or seal.
- Leaking power-steering fluid or transmission fluid will leaf a red, oily spot underneath your vehicle.
- A clear puddle of water is nothing to worry about because it is usually just condensation from the air conditioner.
The Sound of Trouble
Rattles, squeals, rumbles, and squeaks, as well as a host of other noises, may be a good indication that you need auto repair services in Fairfield CT.
- A squeal could indicate a problem with the power-steering, the air conditioning belt, or the fan, especially if it is related to speed.
- A low-pitched rumble could mean the muffler, converter, or exhaust pipe is defective. It could also be a worn universal joint.
These are just a few indications of the first signs of trouble. It is important to understand the usual operation of your vehicle in order to quickly identify the need for auto repair services in Fairfield CT. For a certified mechanic you can trust call Mobile Mechanic CT today at 203-727-3707.
When the need for auto repair services in Fairfield CT arises, you can count on Mobile Mechanic CT for convenient repair. Find out more when you visit us at Mobilemechanicct.com. Find us on Facebook!
2 people like this post.